Find a Samla Verified Medical Mediator
SAMLA VERIFIED MEDICAL MEDIATORS
- SAMLA provides the Register of Verified Medical Mediators as a service to the public, including state health authorities, professional indemnity insurers, the RAF and others who may wish to refer medical disputes to mediation.
- The professionals listed on the SAMLA Register of Verified Medical Mediators are accredited mediators, who are committed to contributing their professional services to the mediation of medical disputes, including clinical negligence-, personal injury- and health sector commercial disputes in South Africa.
- The credentials of the mediators on the register have been verified by :
- Obtaining and storing copies of:
- The duly completed and signed application form, which includes an undertaking to conduct mediations in accordance with the SAMLA guidelines and protocol for medical mediation;
- Proof of registration by the relevant professional registration authority;
- Proof of accreditation as a mediator by a mediation accreditation authority;
- Signed code of professional conduct for mediators; and
- Curriculum vitae with identity document and recent photograph;
- As well as confirmation of:
- Membership in good standing of SAMLA; and
- Good standing with professional bodies that they are registered with or affiliated to.
- The Register of Verified Medical Mediators is for information purposes only. Mediators on the register may be appointed, by agreement between parties, to mediate the dispute between them.
- SAMLA does not have the statutory authority or capacity to accredit or endorse any professional. Any dissatisfaction with the professional conduct of a mediator may be referred to the applicable professional registration authority and/or to the applicable mediation accreditation authority.
- SAMLA is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims, all liability for damages of any kind, howsoever arising out of the conduct of any mediator.
- SAMLA will not accept any liability in respect of the conduct of any mediator, and such mediator will be therefore personally liable for any damages and/or other liability arising therefrom. SAMLA accepts no liability for the actions, views and decisions of any mediator, nor for the consequences of any actions taken by or against the mediator.
For further information in relation to Medical Mediators SA please see the following downloadable documents :